Whenever I see the entire United States map covered in COVID-19 red anxiety and dismay strikes within me..
Yet, I know fear is the devils work and what I really need is Trust.
- Trust that this will end.
- Trust that while we may feel isolated from each other, we are never alone. God is with us.
- Trust that if we implement what healthcare professionals and our government task force is telling us to do with social distancing, washing hands, and only going out for necessities we will slay this invisible enemy.
In other words, I am choosing to be concerned but working hard not be afraid or wring my hands in worry.
I also have a valuable resource by my side. And you do too.
Jesus said “Be not afraid” and “Fear Not”. In fact, He states this in the bible 365 times. 365 times, my friends. I think there is a message God wants to make sure we get. Don’t you?
- Fear not, because this too, shall pass.
- Fear Not, for you are never alone.
- Fear Not because I am with you always
- Fear Not for “I know the plans I have to prosper you and not harm you, to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11.
Max Lucado has a wonderful quote which I am going to say each time I feel fear sneaking into my heart. Will you join me?
“Feed you faith and not your fears and your fears will starve”.
Prayer: God is our Father and we are his children. We are worried, Lord but we know you are with us. We are one nation under God. Help us to be prudent, careful and concerned but not to be afraid. Father, stay with us. Thank you, for you our Emmanuel (God is with us).
What do you do in times of fear and anxiety? How are you coping emotionally to deal with the COVID-19 Pandemic? This is a time to reach out, help and share what you are doing. Please join in the conversation.
Thank you for reading my post. If you have found it encouraging please consider liking, commenting or sharing it. Feel free to even re-blog – may these words take flight!
I have additional insights I’d love to share with you found in the pages of my debut book: Surviving Medical Mayhem – Laughing When It Hurts. To order a copy or learn more go to my website at www.lorettaschoen.com
Blessings for Health & Wellness.