New Ways to Cook
I don’t know about you, but I tend to cook the same meals day in and day out. I get so I dread shopping for the week because I am out of ideas. So lately I have been exploring new, simple, healthy recipes. Those are my key words when I search on line. This fits each category and tasted delicious. Next time I make it I might serve it with some Pesto sauce drizzled over the steaks.
If you’re tired of the same old meals but don’t want a lot of fuss – try this one out and let me know if you liked it and if you added anything to make it your own.
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks (recipe from Allrecipes)
1 large head cauliflower leaves removed and sliced lengthwise through the core into 4 ‘steaks’
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch pepper flakes, or to taste
Sal t& pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower steaks on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Brush 1/2 of the olive oil mixture over the tops of the cauliflower steaks.
- Roast cauliflower steaks in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Gently turn over each steak and brush with remaining olive oil mixture. Continue roasting until tender and golden, 15 to 20 minutes more.
You can serve with parmesan cheese or pesto sauce as garnish.
176 calories; protein 4.3g; carbohydrates 12.1g; fat 13.8g; sodium 63.6mg.
Thank you for reading my post. If you have found it encouraging please consider liking, commenting or sharing it. Feel free to even re-blog – may these words take flight!
I have additional insights I’d love to share with you found in the pages of my debut book: Surviving Medical Mayhem – Laughing When It Hurts. To order a copy or learn more go to my website at www.lorettaschoen.com
Blessings for Health & Wellness.