I am taking some time off between Christmas and New Year to spend with family, neighbors, and friends. And to rest.
But I couldn’t miss the opportunity to reach out to all my readers to share how much you have meant to me. Your words in response to my ramblings of surviving and thriving through medical mayhem and – well, life in general – has often been what has propelled me forward even as I mumbled, grumbled and groaned to put words together in an order that made sense. It is my hope that in some small way, maybe with a sentence in one of my blogs I have been there for you as well. I thank you.
I wish you much laughter, kindness, sweetness in a rather scary time in which we live. I pray for you and your families that 2023 will be healthier, saner, and filled with a supernatural peace that only can come from our God, the Father.
2022 has been a year filled with new medical adventures, some physical challenges but all have led me to be stronger in mind and soul. But we all need a little down time and so with these thought I leave you with some quotes that touched me as a reader just like you. Enjoy!
- Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
~ Nido Qubein
- Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”
~ Hunter S. Thompson
- Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every New Year find you a better person.
~ Benjamin Franklin
- We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives, not looking for flaws, but for potential.
~ Ellen Goodman
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
~ Albert Einstein
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.
~ G.K. Chesterton
- May there always be work for your hands to do;
May your purse always hold a coin or two;
May the sun always shine on your windowpane;
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain;
May the hand of a friend always be near you;
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
~ Irish blessing
- Wishing you and your family a happy new year filled with hope, health, and happiness – with a generous sprinkle of fun!
And my most favorite of all –
- The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.
- May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
Happy New Year!