Just a Pinch recipes at https://www.justapinch.com/
I recently ran across this recipe and what I love about it is that you can have this stuff already in your house. With busy holidays approaching this little recipe needs little effort to create a delicious treat after a busy day or when sudden guests are to arrive.
Saray Farrand who posted this on Justapinch.com states: I’m sure there is an official name to this cake, but I grew up with it only being called anti-crabby cake because no matter how you were feeling, this cake always made you feel better. It still does the trick for me! It is simple, unique, and delicious!
Cook Time: 35 Min Prep Time: 5 min Serves: Makes 9×13 pan
1 can (crushed pineapple in 100% juice (large can – 20 oz) – do not drain
2 cups all purpose flour
1 ½ cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp baking soda
8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl and blend by hand to combine. No need to bust out the beaters for this one, but you can if you want to!
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 glass pan. You do not need to grease, flour, spray, etc. Trust me…it comes out perfect without! Bake 30-4- minutes until just golden and baked through.
- You’ll want to frost the cake while still warm, so prepare your frosting as your cake bakes. You can frost when cooled all the way, too, but it is just easier to frost warmer. Simply add your frosting ingredients into a large bowl and beat until combined and smooth.
- Spread the frosting on the warm cake right in the pan. Let cool, then refrigerate. Serve cold and enjoy!!