How Do You Survive COVID-19?
Has the news been filling you with fear – even more than usual? You can’t turn on the TV, radio, or go into a grocery store without being reminded that the world is dealing with the COVID-19 Corona Virus. If you are young, you worry about your parents or grandparents. If you are an older adult you worry about yourself, your spouse or loved ones. And if you are dealing with a medical condition that is immuno-compromised, well your thoughts spiral out of control with sleepless nights, what ifs, and what to to be done?
Whether you are a caregiver or a care receiver you have experience in overcoming fear. You have tackled hospital emergency rooms, medical testing centers, and insurance companies. You’ve fearlessly educated yourself, laughed at the embarrassing moments, and filled yourself with faith to slay the dragons set before you.
And COVID-19 is no different. Yes, it seems to be overwhelming the world, but the entire world is working on containing and eliminating the virus. And you, fellow warriors, can help.
- Know the facts not the fiction. Check for updates at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Follow the guidelines listed on the CDC website to stay healthy and vigilant
- Help educate others of the facts.
- Know what support you need and ask friends and family for help.
- Talk with friends and family about COVID-19. Bottling feelings lead to fear, grief and depression. Talking about ones fears helps overcome misconceptions and feelings of alienation.
- Stay in the word. Whether it’s the bible, or a devotional, make it a priority to fill your thoughts with true inspiration and guidance to smother the fears that we are all facing with COVID-19.
Whether you are a caregiver or care receiver, you’ve been through a lot. You’ve overcome obstacles most tell you are impossible. But those that have survived know that there is one main reason we have weathered the storm – our Faith. Faith dissolves fear like an antacid neutralizes stomach acid, heartburn or indigestion; taking us through the impossible to the possible, and creating a balm for the pain.
And at some point, the COVID-19 pandemic will end. It won’t be easy and we will need to learn all we can about this new virus to slay it; but together armed with faith we will learn, laugh and lean on God.
Yes, there is fear; but at the end of the day I am going to place my fear in the hands of the one who can make all things possible. I rest in the Lord. Will you?
Take care of yourself and each other.
Thank you for reading my post. If you have found it encouraging please consider liking, commenting or sharing it. Feel free to comment here or even re-blog – may these words take flight!
I have additional insights I’d love to share with you found in the pages of my debut book: Surviving Medical Mayhem – Laughing When It Hurts. To order a copy or learn more go to my website at www.lorettaschoen.com
Blessings for Health & Wellness.